Booking Terms & Conditions
Cooking Class Bookings – updated 27/12/21
- Payment. Classes must be paid for in full before a booking is confirmed. Payment can be made via our website, gift voucher or over the phone, 0429 789 444.
- Proof of Vaccination. We are a fully vaccinated venue, therefore all guests are required to show their proof of vaccination and check-in upon entering the venue. All Taya Kitchen personnels are vaccinated.
- No Refund Policy. We have no refund policy meaning you will only be able to get credit for your class to use later.
- Rescheduling. Classes are non refundable, however, we understand that life happens. If for any reason you are unable to attend your class, we will happily transfer you to another class provided we receive 7 days notice. If less than 48hrs notice is given to change a class, a $50 rebooking fee per person will apply. To reschedule please email email@example.com or call 0429789444. If you are unable to attend please send someone to take your place. We do not credit late cancellations and no shows.
- Rescheduling Due to Covid-19. As stated above we understand that life happens and if for reasons relating to Covid-19 you cannot attend a Taya Kitchen Cooking Class a notice of cancellation of 48 hours prior to the class is required. Because we care about your well-being, we would appreciate you calling to cancel the moment you feel unwell or show any Covid-19 symptoms. If less than 48hrs notice is given to change a class, a $50 rebooking fee per person will apply.
- Weekend Class format. At Taya Kitchen cooking classes are 100% hands-on unless otherwise stated. You’ll be working in teams of two at your own cooking stations to prepare and cook all of the dishes on the menu for the day. Once the cooking has been completed you will be seated to enjoy your unforgettable meal with light refreshments.
- Weeknight Class format. Our Express style cooking class on Thursday evenings are a combination of demonstrational and hands-on cooking classes. You’ll be cooking in pairs to prep and as above you will be enjoying your dishes in an exuberant atmosphere.
- Children. Our weekend and weeknight classes are suitable for all ages, however, children under the age of 15 must have a fully paying adult accompanying them.
- Parent and Child Class format. First and foremost the bench tops are set at a height of 90 cms which is a Brisbane City Council requirement. This in turn requires a minimum height of children to be 120 cms tall in order to safely and comfortably participate. The minimum age requirement is 8 years old. The Parent and Child format style classes are a mixture of demonstrations by the chef with some hands-on participation.
- Dietary requirements. We happily accommodate all dietary requirements where possible. Please provide details of any dietary requirements (allergies, intolerances, gluten free, vegetarian or vegan) at the time of your booking in the booking form online. Without notice we are not be able to adjust our menus to accommodate your needs. If you have special dietary needs, please feel free to contact us to discuss the classes most suitable for you.
- Spectators? No, thank you. All attendees must purchase a ticket or hold a valid gift voucher.
- B.Y.O? No, thank you. This is not an option and neither is attending in an intoxicated manner. Please note for your safety and for ours you will be turned away if you are intoxicated and your booking will not be refunded for the cooking class.
- Cancellation of Class. A minimum of 6 guests is required for the class to proceed. On rare occasions, we may need to cancel a class because of unforeseen circumstances or too few bookings. Your booking will be transferred or credited to another class and gift vouchers extended.
A gift that keeps on giving
- Gift Vouchers are valid for twelve months from date of purchase. If you have an expired gift voucher or are unable to book prior to expiry, please contact Chef Taya via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0429789444 to discuss an extension.
- Gift Vouchers may be transferred to another person but cannot be exchanged for cash or credit.
- Gift Voucher bookings can be made via our website, please bring your voucher or confirmation with you on the night to help with the registration process!
CORPORATE AND PRIVATE EVENT
Your special event with us!
- Private bookings for Corporate Team Building or Private Events, (Hen’s parties, Birthday’s, Private dining experiences etc) require a full payment to secure the booking date and time.
- Our classes are very popular and we are booked out months in advance. We will retain your payment to offset a loss of income as we will not be able to resale that day and time slot. All deposits or payments made upon cancellation will be forfeited.
- Confirmation of final guest numbers are to be received 7 days prior to your exciting event. Unfortunately, we cannot accept a cancellation and refund monies for a guest who is unable to attend. If a guest is unable to attend, please arrange for someone to take their place.