This is a repeating eventseptember 8, 2019 10:00 am
There’s no wonder why Thai tops the most popular cuisines in Australia! The vast array of dishes, vibrant combination of flavours and textures in Thai Cuisine keep your taste buds
There’s no wonder why Thai tops the most popular cuisines in Australia! The vast array of dishes, vibrant combination of flavours and textures in Thai Cuisine keep your taste buds coming back for more. A visit to Taya Kitchen Asian cooking school is a must-do for any lover of Thai food.
You will be learning family recipes directly from Chef Taya; My Thai Restaurant (est. 1993) and My Thai Kitchen Eatery (est. 2015).
Cost: $160 per person
Class Style: This is a full hands-on, 3.5 hours experience on your own private bench with your cooking partner. You’ll be creating every dish on the menu. No cooking in large groups and missing out on the fun.
We run exclusively small classes of no more than 10 guests, offering a personal, fun and memorable experience for all.
- A hands-on Thai cooking class experience, with expert Chef tuition
- Learn the fundamentals of Thai ingredients and flavours
- How to create the recipes yourself and to your palate
- Cooking tips, tricks, and techniques
- Intimate class sizes in a fun and social setting
- A delicious meal celebrated and enjoyed together.
- The recipes from your class so you can recreate them at home
ON THE DAY
- You will be cooking in pairs or with another person on a private bench
- This is a full hands-on experience that lasts for approximately 3.5 hours
- There will be tastings, making your own entrées, curries, mains and noodles
- Sit and eat together at the end with a glass of wine, beer or soft drink.
- Tom Yum Prawns & Asian Mushroom Soup
- Making Massaman Curry Paste
- Southern Style Massaman Curry of Chicken
- Making Pad Thai Sauce
- Traditional Pad Thai Noodles
- Wok Tossed Beef with Young Bamboo Shoots and Aromatic Basil
THAI ESSENTIAL INGREDIENTS
- Sauces– Fish sauce, soy sauce, sweet chilli, chilli sauce, coconut vinegar, shrimp paste, coconut cream, and milk
- Spices – Dry chilli, cumin, coriander seeds, cinnamon, cardamon, white peppercorns, bay leaf
- Fresh spices – chilli, ginger, galangal, garlic, kaffir lime leaf, coriander roots, lemongrass, shallot, pandan
- Herbs– Thai basil, coriander, spring onion, mint, sawtooth coriander, Chinese chives
- Vegetable and Fruit– pineapple, sprouts, red cabbage, carrot, daikon, cabbage, papaya, wombok, mushroom, tofu, iceberg lettuce, Thai eggplant, mango, banana
- Meat and Seafood– chicken, beef, pork neck, duck, shrimp
- Dry Goods and Starch– palm sugar, fried shallot, rice stick noodles, sugar, salt, peanut (option), tomato paste, dry shrimp
- Thai cooking classes are a perfect solution for your Christmas Party, Birthday party, Anniversary, Hens Party, Bucks Party, Team Building Cooking, Work lunch and dinner or Corporate event. We can organise this Cooking Class at your home or any chosen venue.
- We can cater to different dietary requirements – please let us know on your booking form or email email@example.com If there are any issues with your requests we will contact you promptly.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule a booking you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org You must do this at least 7 days before your class to cancel or reschedule. We cannot refund or rebook any cancellations made online or in-person after this time.
- In the event that you are unwell, we ask that you send someone in your place. The participants who are not unwell will still be expected to attend.
- Lateness: please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of the class. We cannot accommodate or refund for those who arrive after the scheduled start time, even if you call ahead. The instructor will be expected to start on time and will not be able to repeat the health and safety and/or demonstrations at the beginning of the class.
- Read more of our FAQs and booking terms before booking.
(Saturday) 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Future Event Times in this Repeating Event Series
august 20, 2022 10:00 amseptember 3, 2022 10:00 amseptember 18, 2022 10:00 amoctober 1, 2022 10:00 amoctober 16, 2022 10:00 amoctober 29, 2022 10:00 amnovember 12, 2022 10:00 amnovember 27, 2022 10:00 amdecember 3, 2022 10:00 amdecember 18, 2022 10:00 am
We cater for your dietary requirements. See details below.
The more the merrier so
buy a ticket for a friend.
* Tickets are no longer available. Please look for the next class.
Any Dietary Requirements?
To be able to cater for you we required you to state any dietary requirement (or “None”) on the checkout page for each attendee.