Mild – Medium
Lunch & Dinner
About this Recipe
Undeniably an addictive dish to eat over a bowl of steamed jasmine rice. With every mouthful of crunchy chicken pieces, roasted cashew nuts and garden vegetables will leave you wanting more.
Stir fries are a great short cut to a tasty meal in a hurry. Substitute chicken for your choice of proteins, vegetables and tofu! Make it the way you like it. Dinner or Lunch in a few minutes away!
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1.5 tablespoons long red chillies, sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 250 grams chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Thai oyster sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons Thai Chilli Jam
- 1 tablespoon spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts, unsalted
The recipes features “Chilli Paste in Soya Bean Oil, aka Thai Chilli Jam aka Narm Pric Pow”.
You can certain purchase the paste in any good Asian grocer or better yet make you down with our special recipe.
Step by Step Instructions
Add chopped chillies into a mortar and pestle and pound for 10 seconds before adding crushed garlic. Pound for further 10 seconds until a chunky paste is formed. Set aside till use.
Add oil and allow the oil to become hot then turn off the heat for a few seconds while adding the garlic and chilli paste with half the quantity of the sliced onion into to the wok.
Return to medium heat and stir briefly for a few seconds to release the flavours and aroma. Add sliced chicken to the wok and toss gently. Allow the chicken to cook.
Season with the stir fry sauce. Add in extra 2 tablespoons of water if the stir fry appears dry.
Lastly, add the remaining sliced onion, spring onion and celery. Toss lightly for a few seconds. Garnish with roasted cashew nuts and thinly sliced spring onion. Serve immediately.